Monday, October 17, 2011

Ruud van Empel

Yesterday afternoon my mom and I headed to the Groninger Museum to explore. I had checked out the website beforehand and was intriged by the photo of Ruud van Empel, so we started with the exhibition of his work. It was amazing, overwhelming, intruiging, beautiful and surprising. I love it and especially this piece:  which is called Theatre #5. In real life it is 3 m by 1 m. And I want it. Obviously not in that size (too big, not enough money), but a poster would be great or even a postcard. But I can't find anything, not even on the internet. My search will continue of course, because I'm mesmerised by it. Everytime you look at it you'll find something new. You can see his work until the end of November here in Groningen and I highly recommend going if you have the chance!

No comments: