Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Efteling

Our group: Rina, Annemarie, Judith, Esther, Jojannek, Corien and Joleen.Last Saturday we (our group of friends from highschool) headed to the Efteling, an entertainment park based on all our well know fairytales. Being autumn, this also resulted in the most wonderful colours in the park with all the leaves on the trees starting to change. It wasn't too busy fortunately so we didn't have to wait too long in line to enjoy the attractions and the fairytale forest was cute (although slightly old fashioned and in need of an update here and there). There was music coming from the red and white mushrooms in the park, it was idyllic... And of course we chatted the day away. So much to tell since some of us hadn't seen each other in over a year (our last meeting was in September 2010).
A lot has happened since then. A baby was born, houses were bought, people moving in together, people breaking up after being in a relationship for more than 10 years.... All went extremely well with transportation, we had great Indian food at Rina and Martin's place in the evening and I got dropped off at a trainstation only 50 min from Groningen so I could enjoy the company of 3 of my friends for an extra hour and a half.
Obviously we are keeping the tradition alive and will be meeting again sometime next autumn. Well at the latest  that is. Lots of new houses to check out and who knows maybe even new babies to welcome....
Besides this not much else has been happening. The job hunt is still very unsuccessful and I am getting extremely bored. I've just sent out another letter and will sent at least one more this week. Also have contacted a job agency to help me in my search (I got my previous job through them). Fortunately I live close to friends now, so we've had dinners and wine together and I've also checked out the beautiful landscape north of Groningen with Marieke on the bike last Sunday.

No comments: