Monday, October 10, 2011

Still alive

Trying to find a new job is no fun what so ever..... Maybe I should say: trying to find a great new job... because there are a lot of vacancies for not so fun jobs. So now I'm also sending letters to jobs that are not really 'dreamjobs', but hey that's life! It has been good though, being back. Very busy actually, I never knew how jobless people get through the day, but it is easier than you think to fill 2 months without working :)
Lots of people to see, eat/drink with and in the beginning also lots of cleaning/painting in my new room/apartment. I have also started dating through the internet, which is weird, sometimes fun and sometimes just annoying. It is very hard to find someone who is 1) 'normal' 2) on the same level 3) not just looking for sex 4) has something interesting to say 5) does not live on the other side of the country. Since I haven't dated everyone north of the rivers I've decided not to look to far south until I get extremely desperate ;-) Anyway, I haven't found 'The One' yet, but I'll let you know if I do....
Not much to tell otherwise, really. I've started my Spanish classes again (it's a bit weird to have a teacher who is fluent in Spanish but has a very strong 'Gronings' accent when speaking Dutch) and am still looking for something sporty to do (I wanted to join a diveclub here, but haven't found a good one yet). I've been to a two day seminar of the Uva last week, which was fun! It was great to see everyone again and talk about education, research and the organisation of the UvA. But also good to realise those problems were no longer my problems!
Time to practice my Spanish and I'll try and update you guys a bit more regularly from now on!

No comments: