Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Xmas

Time flies when you are having fun, and even though it is a very old and worn saying it is still very true. I just left Koh Tao today and I have to admit that I feel sad about leaving, who would've thought that! The last 2 weeks have been great fun, lots of parties, lots of great new people coming in and finishing my training, so no more stress there. How nice. Xmas was spent diving (lovely weather, great 2 customers) in the afternoon after a relaxing read morning. After diving I met a few DMT's in the Big Blue restaurant and ended up home at around 10ish, time to shower and sleep. Boxing day was a day off, just beachday and chilling. Yesterday morning my last 2 dives in Koh Tao, my 99th and 100th, which meant the 100th dive had to be naked..... The first one at Chumpon was fine after some issues with a panicking customer I suddenly had to lead a different group of divers, but no worries there. The second dive was supposed to be at Red Rock, but it was way too choppy, so Twins it was. Reggie and I went down at the deepest (west) pinnacle, I took my bottoms off and swam around naked for a bit (Reggie had lent me her BC which closes up really high, so you couldn't see anything on top) after which it became too crowded and I quickly got my bottoms back on again. The afternoon was spent cleaning and packing and in the evening we had a farewell party at Reggies place. Great fun! Today was a bit sad with saying goodbeys to everybody and with only 1 hour delay we arrived by boat at Koh Samui (a lot less bumpy than the first time). Time to go to my hotel and enjoy the free wifi, the great service at reception (they managed to print my boarding pass) and now time to sleep. Early day tomorrow as I am going to try to get myself onto an earlier flight so the chances of me actually getting to New Zealand will increase....

No comments: