Friday, December 31, 2010

In Auckland

So I got up really early on the 29th, got breakfast and the hotel organised a taxi to the airport. I arrived at 9.15 and went to the ticketing office. The lady was really helpfull and booked me on the 10.15 flight, awesome! So hop to the check in counter where they sent my bag all the way to Auckland (no more worries about that, except that I forgot to get my Working Holiday Visa out of it, oops) and onto the airplane! 5 hours to spent in Bangkok Airport, but thanks to my laptop and some series I downloaded the night before in the hotel they flew by. Since I didn't have my paper WH visa I had to get my laptop out and show the digital one before they would let me board the flight in Bangkok. Sorry guys in the queue for taking up so much time.... Passport control only took 30 min this time, so again no worries. The first leg to Kuala Lumpur was a nightmare with a small kid screaming (yep, not just crying, really screaming) for 2,5 hours in front of me. Spoiled little Chinese brat who never heard the word no in her life before. The terminal change in KL went smoothly and we only had an hour delay. That trip went fine, I was sitting in a 2 seat isle next to a British guy, me near the window, so I actually slept for a bit :D Immigration in NZ went quickly and off to the hostel. It's fine here, bit weird bunch of people, but having fun anyway. Went shopping for a simcard an card to phone home yesterday afternoon and did some grocerie shopping. I forgot how expansive NZ is....oops. I really need a job here or leave soonish. This morning I went shopping again because my laptop charger plug doesn't fit in my all over the world adapter. Sigh. So I bought another plug (and I already have 2 at home), a new wallet and a new lock (both broke, they don't like seawater that much), after which it was time for some sightseeing. 
 The fist picture is from Mount Victoria, the gusn were on North Head.

 Garfield found his own carpark on his own street, how cool is that! He was extremely happy anyway ;-)

The Auckland bridge and NZ flag 
I took the ferry to Devonport and enjoyed the view from Mount Victoria and North head, both vulcano cones, of which the latter used to be a defense point with lots of big guns. A lovely day, warm, sunny... hopefully it will be dry tonight so we can enjoy some nice fireworks at NY eve! Happy 2011 everybody!!!

No comments: