Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Excitement

Almost time to leave now! Tomorrow is the big day and because the airport on Koh Samui is flooded right now it will be even more exciting.... lets all keep our fingers crossed and hope it will dry up soon and Katie and Ben can have the wedding they dreamed off (and me not being stuck on Bangkok Airport would be lovely too). Moving went ok, just had to take the bike by train because it didn't fit anymore. Friday I unpacked everything and gave it a place in my parents house. What a lot of stuff... sigh. Saturday was partytime and we had a ball, lots of laughter, stupid jokes etc. Thanks guys! Sunday we went to the birthday of Wieke Renee, who turned five (she recently lost her mom, see a previous post). Yesterday not much happened and today we went to the city councel to officially move me to my parents place. That was a piece of cake, trying to get my mom to be able to do bank stuff for me was a whole different thing. They have my private address in Haarlem here in the bank, but not my bank account and so we couldn't do anything before I was officially moved. Which apparantly has to take 2 weeks (why, in this digital age is still a miracle to me) and since we bought have to be physically present at the bank counter to give her full access to my accounts that will not be possible since I will be in Thailand by then. Great service (not). Lets just hope they don't rob me, or I don't die or whatever... Anyhow, am ready to go, have 22 kg in my bag (lets hope I don't have to pay extra) and now just get to Amsterdam, Cairo, Bangkok and then hopefully Koh Samui!

No comments: