Sunday, August 29, 2010

Work outing

Last Tuesday we had an outing with work, this time with the Graduate School. Off to Broek in Waterland wherethey rented 'fluisterboten' (whisper boats, boats with an electrical engine which is extremely quiet). Since we are Dutchies we obviously went there on the bike and had a beautiful tour of the country just north of Amsterdam.

Much nicer than just hanging out in the big city in coffeeshops! So if you ever come to the Netherlands do something like this!We toured for 2 hours until we reached Monnickendam where we had a very luxurious lunch.
We took another route back to Broek in Waterland where it got a bit rougher (and wetter). The weather stayed ok until after our bbq dinner when we had to get back to Amsterdam on the bike. Luckily we were allowed to stay a bit longer and wait out the worst of the weather. An hour later with lots of wind, but dry, we returned to Amsterdam :)Everybody is wondering why I am already selling my stuff. Well it is the start of the academic year now, so all the new students are looking for a room and furniture to fill it with. Easy time to sell your stuff. I will be here for another 8 weeks, but I'd rather sell it now than bring it to the garbage disposal in 8 weeks. Besides I am not selling my bed or my chairs, so I am still very comfortable in my home. This morning I sold my tv cabinet and now I only have my desk to go. 8 weeks to get rid of that one, so that should be fine. Saves me a lot of trouble when it's time to move whatever's left to my parents place. And I like to be organised, so for a few months now every time I go and see them I bring some stuff from here that I don't need anymore. Otherwise we might have to drive a couple of times to move it all and I'd rather get it over with in one time (since it's almost a 2 hour drive). Anyway, I booked a hostel in Auckland for New Years and after that I'll just see where I'll end up and when. Now just some boring things left to organise, like insurance.... 

No comments: