Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fantasia garden

The Saterday after the diving in Zeeland weekend Monique, Ronald and I spent a lovely afternoon in the Vondelpark in Amsterdam. A nice lunch with loads of food an wine was enjoyed in the sunny park while catching up. There was so much sun that I got really badly burned (well my legs did) since none of us expected it to be such nice weather so we hadn't brought any sunscreen. I think it is ok nog, it has stopped hurting and almost has stopped losing skin. Brrr. Brilliant plan though and the next one was made as well, we are probably going to the Noorderzon festival in Groningen the last weekend of August :D

The weekend after that I went to Elburg with my mum (see left) to visit her friend Marie. In the afternoon we were joined by Cornelia (her daughter in law) and went to the fantasia garden which is somebody's private garden open for public during a few months. It was amazing, as you can see in all the pictures.
Cornelia and moiAmazing garden, isn't it? During the next week I went to have dinner with Aira and Jeroen on Tuesday, visited Mario and Gillian to see their new baby boy Jayden for the first time on Friday evening and headed towards Friesland on Saturday afternoon. It was Antsje's birthday and Sneekweek, so I visited her in the evening and stayed over so we could go out and enjoy the Sneekweek. This week has been uneventful so far. Today is a day of organising stuff, cleaning the house, doing some washing etc. I might go for a nice bike ride in the afternoon if the weather stays this good. Tomorrow I will probably visit Leiden, where I've never been and since I am living close by now, I have to go and enjoy it while I can. Oh before I forget: I also organised my visa for Thailand yesterday (for free, because of the riots in Bangkok earlier this year they are giving away the visa's for free, so 30 euro's saved!). Next weekend Japke will come over to Haarlem and since it will be Jazz weekend here I think we'll have plenty to enjoy :D

No comments: