Sunday, March 07, 2010

ISH

Thursday evening I went to the theatre here in Haarlem to see Stormish by ISH, an upcoming dance/play company. It was in one word: brilliant. And overwhelming and amazing. If you live in the Netherlands, GO, they are touring the country with this play until the beginning of April. You can find more info on the show here. Hip-hop/street dance making Shakespeare totally 21st century. Lots of school kids around, but hey they have to go somewhere for their art classes and this was a beautiful entrance in the world of theatre for them. And if it weren’t for those kind of art classes ISH would not be viable since there were almost no other visitors. Go ISH, I hope you make lots of brilliant theatre and I will try and see it all :)

Ofcourse uploading a video from youtube doesn't seem to work, so here is the link and have a peek (sorry it's in Dutch, but the dance scenes are very good):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGfu-lE4hKI

also good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d166CZAjGjs&feature=fvsr

No comments: