Ozzie here I come
It looks like it's turning into a blog with an update once a month.... a well that is fine by me hehe. Since last time things are looking very bright for the Going down under project of mine :) I have booked my tickets (leaving for Oz in the evening of 30th June and returning the 8th of August) and my first Oz trip as well: a 21 day tour from Darwin to Perth, brilliant: I don't have to arrange anything during that trip, what a luxury. It is a bit different from my initial plan where I wanted to stay in Exmouth/Coral Bay for a few days to go diving with the manta's but I can still snorkel/swim with them and this is just a lot easier. The second part of the trip will be Tazzie, where I'll meet up with Chris, whom I met in Hong Kong on my way back from my last adventure down under. We'll be cruising around Tazzie together, doing loads of bush walks, laughing at eachother when we're stumbling down the snowy mountains on our ski's/snowboard etc.
Ofcourse till then normal life continues. Last month I discovered Igoogle, which is absolutely Brilliant :) Am not really the gadget person normally, but this is very addictive hehe. The first full February weekend I went to my parents place to celibrate my brother's 30th birthday. I got him a cake with a picture of him in Oz on it and ended up eating part of him hehe. We had another two days at the moor/heath around Hilversum for our programme and the 21st I set of for Groningen where I met up with Marieke and Karlijn, did some shopping, walked with Woodan, Marieke and Karlijn along the shore of the Hoornse Plas and just relaxed a lot. Mondays I had a few interviews for my project with people from the University of Groningen and headed back towards Haarlem after that. The 27th I had a few drinks after work with some colleagues, but not too many since I had a ski lesson on Saturday morning with some colleagues who are also in the management programme. It was hard work but loads of fun and I am thinking about taking a few more lessons in April just to be able to get down the mountain alive when I'm in Tazzie hehe. In the evening we had a farewell dinner for Bram, my housemate who has bought a house a few streets north. The food was lovely, the service crappy.
This Saturday the plan was to see Racoon with Monique, a Dutch pop/rock band in the Patronaat here in Haarlem. Unfortunately the singer of the band got sick and the concert was moved to the 17th of April. A well, Monique came anyway and we had great fun catching up and drinking cocktails. Next Friday (yep, the 13th ;) we are having a Haarlem Culinair evening for our colleagues in the management programme and I offered to make the dessert and cocktails, so we had to do a test run :) You'll here all about how that went next time!

2 comments:
I'll be in Belgium (I think) when you head off, and Bali (I think) when you head back!
If you've not been to Taz before - you'll love it. The 7-day trip I did was one of my Aussie highlights.
Hoi Esther,
Alweer naar beneden, het blijft maar trekken, niet? Overweeg je nog niet te emigreren? Dat schijnen veel boerenkinderen te overwegen, maar dan om er een boerderij op te zetten.
Zou je me je nieuwe adres op kunnen sturen? Je verhuist vaker dan ik kaartjes verstuur, en ik neem aan dat je het geboortekaartje niet wilt missen.
Groeten,
Gerwin
Post a Comment