Sea
After Prague life turned back to normal, which means work. I have to say it was a relaxing month in the weekends. Let's not talk about work.....
My parents had their 35th wedding anniversary on the 17th of January, so time for a celibration and a nice gift, especially after the unbelievably sucking year of 2008, where my dad was recovering and my mom got severely attacked by a cow and only just survived. Time to get a fresh start in 2009 and what better reason to have a party than such a anniversary. So after thinking for a long time about a gift, the perfect one just popped into my head: a weekend away with the two of them. They haven't been on holiday in over 25 years, so I think they deserve a little break. My brother agreed and so I went searching the internet. We ended up with this extremely cute little hotel on Terschelling, a little island near the coast of Friesland, the province where my parents live. We booked it for the easter weekend, so they have time to play around from Friday till Monday! My brother and I will be taking care of the farm (well mostly my brother, I am there for the little things like feeding the little ones and cooking and stuff). We also went out to dinner (which we do about every 5 years, when it's my parents X year wedding anniversary ;) which was really nice.
Monday and Tuesday after that I had my course again (I am following a one year management development programme), where I got really confused about my project, but ended up doing it anyway and happy with it. We cooked in the evening with the whole group which was hilarious and the food was great (I made pumpkin soup, nice). Friday evening Karlijn came over with Woodan and we had a brilliant weekend! We started of with a chilled out evening watching The curious case of Benjamin Button (well for the first 45 min, after that we fell asleep), went to Ikea on Saturday morning where I bought my new tv case/chest/piece of furniture (can anyone tell me what the correct translation should be?) and some matching boxes to fill it up. Time to get some coffee at home and take Woodan to the beach near Bloemendaal. Unfortunately we both forgot our camera's, but I went back this weekend (well to Zandvoort, but still it's along the same beach), so it looked something like this:
. Very nice! After another coffee there we went back and fixed the tv thing. Lots of hard work, but after 1,5 hours it stood there and was lovely! Am very happy with it!!! Thanks Karlijn for all the hard work and ofcourse all the fun :)
. Very nice! After another coffee there we went back and fixed the tv thing. Lots of hard work, but after 1,5 hours it stood there and was lovely! Am very happy with it!!! Thanks Karlijn for all the hard work and ofcourse all the fun :)We went out in Haarlem in the evening with my neighbours Gillian and her boyfriend Mario. We had a few cocktails and some wine, so needed to have a quiet Sunday hehe. Which we did have! Relaxing, watching Revolutionary Road and doing absolutely NOTHING usefull. Brilliant. Karlijn left after dinner and I just chilled some more and got ready for another week at work. Monday evening Aira, Jeroen and I went to Mediamarkt where a big sale was going on, and bought a new tv (well they did and I bought one as well). A lovely 32 inch Philips is decorating my room now :) Not much else happened during the rest of the week. Today I went to the beach near Zandvoort and took some pictures:
(yes it was REALLY cold, wind was about 5 bf and temp about 1 or 2 degrees Celsius, which felt a lot colder because of the wind)
Saw this really cute little bird along the way:
(yes it was REALLY cold, wind was about 5 bf and temp about 1 or 2 degrees Celsius, which felt a lot colder because of the wind)
Saw this really cute little bird along the way: 

4 comments:
Hi there!
Cute birdie indeed. In Dutch it's called a 'Drieteenstrandloper', usually spotted at the surf. Just some knowledge I wanted to share, haha.
Nice pic of you, by the way!
Love,
Mariek
I'm gonna argue in favour of a "TV stand", but that's just me...
Looking good, all your stories!
What about TV container? It about covers the load, though maybe sounds too solid for IKEA material.
Your story makes me wonder: do you now need a second TV container because of the second TV? Or will you place the old one in a TV dumpster?
It will go to the tv dumpster (unless you want one??)but since I don't own a car I am waiting until someone with a car can take it there for me :)
Post a Comment