Terschelling
Last weekend it was time to go to Terschelling with 5 of my highschool friends.
Even though the date on the pictures says otherwise, it was definatel 2008 ;) We had picked an absolutely gorgious weekend, the weather was stunning (probably the last nice and sunny weekend this year), lots of sun, no wind. Perfect weather to go cycling around the island, having a coffee
here and there, some ice tea, lots of beach,
forest and dunes....
I had never been to Terschelling before and it was a good experience. We rented a little bungalow at a holiday resort, which was perfect. We went out for dinner every evening
and had 3 very nice evenings. Fortunately for us Corien had been on the island numerous times before, so we had a guide :D I was lucky enough to be picked up and dropped of in Amsterdam by Judith who has a drivers licence AND a car (and lives in The Hague, so Amsterdam was on her route towards the city where we had to take the boat). Originally I had taken Monday off as well, but since it's very busy at work and not too long until I go to Malta, I decided to work anyway and safe that day for next year (for which I have big plans already, but more about that when things get more concrete).
Sint Bavo Church.
And things like that are always better when the weather is nice :D
City Hall, the
Windmill The Adriaan,
a few 'hofjes' which are little enclosed gardens, like this one:
, and the 'Hallen Haarlem' which is a museum for contemporary art (which again reminded me that contemporary art is not my thing). After all that it was finally time to climb the church tower, which took 2 hours (up and down, with viewing time and lots of explaining along the way). Absolutely stunning views,
(if you look carefully you see a little tower in the middle of the picture, that is our national airport Schiphol. Yes, I live that close, so who can blame me for flying everywhere ;)
very happy to have done that. That was enough sightseeing for me for the day so I ended with a waffle with cherries and off I went, back home. 




No comments:
Post a Comment