Malta part 1
Hello from Malta! After half an hour delay last Friday we finally set off towards Malta. The flight was fine, but unfortunately the weather wasn't brilliant (well still 24 degrees, but a few drops of rain). After 2 busses and about an hour later I arrived in
Bugibba when the rain started to come down a bit more serious. Fortunately the hotel is only a 5 min walk from the busstation. I checked in and expected the worst after all the bad reviews on the internet. What a nice surprise it was! The rooms fine, I got a balcony, everything was clean, the bathroom is nice.
Me is VERY happy. All that for just 15 euro's a night, including breakfast. Life is good here at Malta hihi. Went out for dinner at a cute little restaurant close by, called the Overflow. Food was lovely, service very good, and a 3 course dinner for just over 10 euro's. Like I said, Malta is nice. The next morning after breakfast I set off for a small tour around Bugibba and the diveschool after which I went toward Mdina and Rabat and met a German guy on the bus,
Nicolas. We ended up travelling together the whole day, which was nice. We started in Mdina, which is a small historical place and checked it all out:
St Pauls and Peters
cathedral and museum, all other cute buildings, cathedrals
and
the nice view from the walls:
Rabat is basically grown towards Mdina and they are almost one town now. Off to see the St Pauls Catacombs (yes, he is popular around Malta) where we did
an underground tour. Pretty impressive I might say. I bought some fruit along the way and off we set towards Verdala Palace
and the Busket Gardens,
pretty impressive I might say. Off towards the Dingli Cliffs

and back towards Bugibba again.
We saw this little train in Rabat and also this little cemitary
.Buses are really cheap over here, but pretty slow as well, so it takes ages to get somewhere (although you are taking the scenic route, which is nice). In the evening I had dinner at the Palm Court hotel (which is where I have breakfast as well, it's linked to mine, the Venus Aparthotel). Later on I went to meet up with Nicolas for a few drinks at a little place called Cap'u'vino. Sunday was a lazy day, breakfast early, lots of relaxed reading and a bit of
walking around town and the coast of Bugibba and St Pauls bay. In the evening another dinner at the Palm Court hotel and an early sleep since the diving would start on Monday.
I got up early, had breakfast and got picked up by Mick, who would turn out to be my instructor for the rest week. A nice Brittish guy in his early 5o's I guess and a really good diver and instructor. We got me some gear and off we went towards Cierkewwa, where we did 3 dives: 2 deep ones and 1 optimal bouyancy. All went well, and I had to do lots of reading and assignments for the specialty courses, so not much special happened the rest of the day. I had dinner at the Plum Tree restaurant, which was 3 course mail for 10 euro. Ok, but not as good as the Overflow restaurant. Well my time is up now, more about the diving and Malta later on!

2 comments:
wait, you actually went to Malta on your own? I hadnt realised that! Good for you though, that way you meet far more people and youm can just do the things YOU want to do...
Girl, that pic of yourself is way too sexy! Very nice ;-) Oh, and the other pics are great as well, haha.
Post a Comment