Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Birthday

For those of you who don't already know: today I turned 26. Yes. 26. Old. I didn't want to celibrate it at work, but my boss thought otherwise. Let me first tell you that it is extremely busy for me at work and I can definately use my time better than just to eat a cake and talk to my colleagues whom I see every day anyway... So I just went out with Clara, our secretary to have some cake and a nice drink (non-alcoholic). After that I just wanted to go back to work and so I did. Until my boss booked an emergency meeting in my calendar for 4 o'clock. Since I already had an appointment at that time I rejected it and she said we could do it later. No worries I thought, so I went to my appointment, who said my boss wanted to see us both and so we went back.... where there was this little surprise party off my colleagues singing happy birthday. A well, it was very nice ofcourse (but I'd rather worked that half hour and go home half an hour early). So now I worked until 6.30 (I stopped then, cause people started calling and texting me to wish me happy b'day and no more work could be efficiently done).
So that's for today. Let's go back to where I stopped last time.
Last week was busy workwise, but quiet private wise, which was nice for a change. Wednesday Antsje came to have dinner and it was nice as always. Fridaymorning I cleaned the house a bit and worked a bit, after which I went to my parents (I took Friday afternoon off and used my overtime hours to take the morning off as well, except for 2 hours). My mom and I did some groceries for my b'day party and in the evening loads of friends came over. Such a great evening! Lots of laughter, good jokes, bad jokes etc. Very very nice. Marieke stayed over for the night and her friend Ate picked her up the next morning. Saturday evening André, my brother, and I went to the Koornbeurs, a theatre in Franeker, for the cabaret evening. There were 5 people playing and 3 of them were very nice (one of them is playing in Amsterdam in two weeks, so I might go again). So another evening with laughter and fun! Good to do some brother sister bonding as well, since we don't see eachother that much.
Sundaymorning was relaxing, in the afternoon and evening family and friends came over to celibrate my b'day. Another very nice day! Monday morning I went back to Amsterdam to work. Not much planned for the evenings this week, which is good, since I am very tired and have a little bit of a fever. Early nights so I can go out on Fridaynight with Sylvaine, who is in the Netherlands! More about that later!

1 comment:

Mosher said...

Hippy bopday! Sorry I am late, but I didn't know! You're in my diary for next year.

Oh, and you're not old! *I* am old. And you're far prettier at 26 than I was :)