Just another few weeks gone by
Sylvaine came over on Friday and we had a lovely evening! Lots of catching up to do and go out to town ofcourse! Ozge, my flatmate, went with us as well.
We started in the red light district where we went to a coffeeshop (Sylvaine wanted to buy something and since Í never went into one, this was a good time to go), which is definately not my thing. I didn't use anything, but it smells terrible in there and all sorts of weird people... not my crowd. We went to a few bars, which was nice!
We also went to the Oz bar:
which was cozy!!!! Nice and close to the fireplace :D
We went home around 2 because everything was closing (well the bars, not the clubs). A lovely sleep, a good shower and time to do some shopping (by me, Sylvaine had a nice long sleep). She stayed all day until Thea, my oldest friend (we know eachother from primary school) came. This time just a relaxing evening at home with lots of chatting and some tv in the background. Sunday we went into CBD and did some wondering around, had coffee here and there and ended up in the theatre, where an old flatmate of mine, Dorry, was performing with her contemporary dance group.
Have I told you I am not really into contemporary art? Well I really gave it a shot, but it's just not me (and not Thea either haha). It was probably very good, well done and all, but not my thing. The last performance, with Dorry in it, was a bit breakdance/streetdance versus classical ballet, and that was nice. The rest of it..... ahum.... It was an experience though and enough contemporary art to last me a lifetime! It's not just the dancing, it's also contemporary paintings, sculptures etc etc.
We went back to Diemen where André, Thea's husband, came to pick her up. They left after dinner and another workweek began. Nothing worth telling happened and the weekend was quiet as well. Stephan had planned to come over, but wasn't feeling too great unfortunately so it was a weekend with just me here. I worked on my chairs again (sanding and painting) and went to the Tropenmuseum on Sunday. A good collection, a wonderfull building and a nice way to spent a few hours on a grey Sunday. Another workweek past and it brought me to this weekend. Yesterday I had an extremely long ly in...till 12 o'clock. LOVELY. Just done the regular things after that, some grocery shopping, first time painting my second chair etc. Today another layer of paint on the chair and lots of cleaning up. My room was a mess and quite dirty after all the sanding... dust everywhere. Much better now! I am also organising my next weekend: Groningen!!! I'd love to see my friends there again, so I am going to squeeze in as much as possible! And do some shopping there ofcourse :)
Latest news from the hospital front: my dad will be in the hospital from the 17 th of december onwards, they're going to do some more tests and give him another bloodtransfusion after which he will be operated on the 19th. Hope everything goes well!!! He'll be in hospital at least for Christmas and maybe New Years, but at least I'm off work than and I can visit him as much as possible then.

No comments:
Post a Comment