Weddings
Last time it was very quiet at work, how things have changed since then...haha. Very busy right now and it'll only be worse: lots of financial stuff coming up and lots of people who get a job at our department, which I have to organise. A nice challenge. Fortunately I've got a new colleague and she is very nice.
Monday we have a party with the whole university: UvA exists 375 years and we are going to Artis (the zoo here in Amsterdam) monday night, after which there is a party in the Arena Hotel. I probably won't be going there, since I have to work again on Tuesday. Oooh and more happy news: my computer arrived at work, so from Monday onwards I have my own room. Very nice and quiet, and lots of opportunity to work efficiently. Now only a little more furniture in my room and I am as comfy as ever. It is a bit of a party week: on thursday we have a drink with our department, whoehoo!
Not a lot else has been going on lately, otherwise I would've posted earlier... After work I am mostly tired, so I go home, get food, cook, read and sleep. Not too exciting huh. Although... on my first Monday workday Monique visited me in the evening to have dinner, drink lots of rose (two bottles, oops) and catch up. It was a lovely evening, so good to see her again. Wednesday Antsje came for the same concept (without the wine drinking part) and as usual that was a very nice evening as well. Friday Monique invited me to have dinner in the big city (hehe) and we had a lovely meal (spareribs, sooooo nice), white beer (me) / rose (Monique), talked a lot (and saw her Apple Pie Man) hehe. After that I went to Friesland again to see my parents and move the last stuff from Groningen to my parents place. That's enough moving for me in a very very long time.
Since this weekend there is a positive change in my activities at home: I fixed my computer so that I now have sound AND am able to play dvds (had to get the right codecs). Yes yes, I will be an IT expert someday hahaha.
Friday night I went to a wedding of some very old friends who I hadn't seen for years. It was great to see them again and to see them so happy together! My mom and brother dropped me off home (after being in a traffic jam for 45 min or so in the middle of the night) after which an extremely lazy weekend followed; I went to to library to subscribe myself and get a load of books. Me happy. Yes I am a nerd and loving it. That basically describes my weekend: I read and watched the Gilmore Girls. Another 5 days to go and then... Marieke will be here to explore A'dam together! Whoei!!! On Sunday I/we will go to Utrecht to see Olaf and Fedor who are back for a short visit, so lots of great things to come :D

No comments:
Post a Comment