Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Get in line please, if you want to visit ;)

My social life is picking up again, fortunately :) After my lazy weekend another workweek followed, with enough distractions to keep me happy haha. Tuesdaynight I ran into my neighbour who invited me to have dinner at his place on Wednesday evening, so I did. It was a lovely dinner, good food, a little rose, lots of talking and some excercise at the end: he has a wii (a game computer) and I never played anything like it, so he showed me how to do it. It was amazing and I have to admit: it is a very cool gadget to have. I even played 10 pin bowling.... and golf. I wasn't very good at both, but the baseball is my thing: I rocked!!! Haha, swinging balls at over 150 km/h whereas he could hardly get to 100km/h (and he used to play baseball a lot). I got quite into it and had to suffer the next to days: my arm was very soar (oops): you really have to make the movements to play the game.
My favourite housemate has left :( Not very good, but to say goodbey we had dinner on Thursday evening and Liselotte (one of my other housemates) joined us. It was a lovely evening: we ate an oliebol (Dutch thing) before dinner (kermis in Diemen), ate something healthy and ended with hot chocolate and whipped cream. Very unhealthy, but soooo nice! Lots of people coming to check out the room now, but we haven't found a new housemate yet. Fridayevening was chill time, Saturday morning lots of cleaning and shopping, because in the afternoon Marieke arrived!! Joehoe!! So nice to see her again. First she had to check out my new place and we had some refreshments after which we set off for Amsterdam CBD!
We took the tram to do some sightseeing along the way, had hot chocolate with wipped cream (yes that is a theme in my life ;) on the Dam, walked around, shopped a little, were amazed by all the orange costumes (Dutch soccerteam played Bulgary that evening in A'dam for the European Cup I believe, we won), had shoarma (can't explain that in English, you're only supposed to eat it when you're drunk, but we didn't have time for anything else) and went to Tuschinski! This is a lovely cinema, a very old, very nice building (with lots of mice, but we didn't see one that evening). We watched Hairspray which was hilarous. Ofcourse we had to enjoy a little nightlife in A'dam, so we went to the Leidseplein where a friend of Marieke was playing in The Last Waterhole (a place run by the Hells Angels, but very nice). Great music, very mixed crowd and lots laughter. We took the last tram home (which is at 12.15 so not too much partying there) and had a good night sleep.
Sunday morning we had a relaxed breakfast with lots of coffee and cake afterwards ;) Off to the CBD again to take a boat tour on the Amsterdam Canals. Yes very touristy, but also very nice! Learned lots of new things about Amsterdam and its history. In the afternoon we went to Utrecht to visit Olaf and Fedor, who live in Milan, but were visiting the Netherlands. Lovely to see them again! Marieke had to go to Groningen so she left us there and after another hour I went back home again. A great weekend!
This week is going ok so far, lots of work, lots of people checking out our empty room and the occasional Gilmore Girls episode are filling up my days! This weekend I'm off to my parents to celibrate my dads birthday. Time to catch up with some friends hopefully and then off to Diemen again. Weekends are so short when you're working hehe.

2 comments:

xxxxxxx said...

Great to read that Diemen is starting to become your place. I'll be happy to come and check it out.

Last Sunday, you just missed me. I went on a roundtrip to The Netherlands to visit Marjolein's birthday and managed to see Olaf and Fedor for a while too. While you were on your way to Utrecht, I was on my way to Amsterdam airport.

OJ said...

Yeah, you guys just missed each other. Anyway, next time in Milano?

bacio