Sunday, September 23, 2007

Be the tourist!

I should post more often (don't panic, the posts would be shorter), but it's pretty hard to set myself to it. One problem is that I keep forgetting what I've done all that time and thus forget to post things. Like that I went to Artis (the zoo here in A'dam) with Antsje and Aira, to celibrate that the University of Amsterdam exists 375 years this year (was very nice, I even saw my old Dean, who's the Dean of the Economics and Business Faculty now at the UvA here!). Besides that I had dinner with Monique at a super touristy place (pancake place) at the Leidseplein. We both didn't have pancakes though haha. Nice to catch up and have a good meal together.

Last weekend I went to my parents to celibrate my dad's birthday (which wasn't until Tuesdays, but a well). The trainrides to get there were very busy, but I got where I needed to be in time. We had two little kids as visitors and they always want me to read them their bedtime story at night, so that was fun! Saturday I went to Tzum to see Gerrit's womensteam play soccer and beat the local club 14-2. Good to see him again, even though he was very busy coaching his team ofcourse. Lovely weather, so nice to be out. Sundaymorning was nice and quiet, in the afternoon we got all the guest coming over. Got to catch up again with Gerda and Marjan and Gerda was so nice to take me back to the train, thanks again for that! A very loooong time later (4 hours) later I was finally back in Diemen. Time to unpack and sleep.

This week was pretty busy. Monday just work, Tuesday night after work I went to Antsje's place, where we had dinner and lots to talk about. After that I had arranged free tickets for Improphecy, a stand up comedy group that plays in Meander. Lots of laughter!! So in two weeks we're going again hehe.

Wednesday night Dorry (my former housemate here in Diemen) came to Diemen for dinner after which we had a housemeeting to discuss cleaning schedules etc. Thursday just work and Friday afternoon Paul arrived from Scotland. I picked him up from Amsterdam CS and since it was a lovely day I showed him where I work after which we had a few beers at a nearby terrace. Off to Diemen voor dinner and a movie. Yesterday we went to 'De molen van Sloten' which was brilliant. We had lunch in a nearby restaurant and then back to Amsterdam CBD to do some shopping, see the red light district and have some drinks before hopping on the Candlelight Canal Cruise (enjoying wine and cheese). Well enjoying.... the wine was terrible, everything else was fine hahaha.

Today we slept in till very late. Very nice and after a refressing shower we walked from Diemen to the Vondelpark. What a great park! I'll definately be back there. We walked to A'dam CS as well from where we took a train back to Diemen. Paul is asleep, so I finally have some time to update you all :)

Busy week coming up as well, workwise and nonworkrelated.... Thursday evening Dorry's birthday and from Friday till Tuesday Iain will be here, as part of his walk for charity (see his blog and donate!!)

2 comments:

OJ said...

Were you guys eating Poffertjes? It looks like it and if you were, then I am VERY jealous!!! I could totally handle some poffertjes right now..... :-((((

Mosher said...

I had some this afternoon :-P