Thursday, August 16, 2007

Work?

Ofcourse the dinners with Marieke and Ronald & Maarten were lots of fun! Next time in Diemen people ;) Especially since I don't know a lot of people around here hehe. Since the last post it has actually been sunny for a couple of days, unbelievable. Saturday I had a reunion with friends from my highschool in Leeuwarden. Lots of drinking tea and sitting outside in the sun drinking white beer... very nice. We had a lovely Mexican dinner after which it was time for some more drinking. Annemarie was so kind to open her home to me, so I could stay in Leeuwarden overnight (which enabled me to stay with the group till the end). Off to Groningen again the next day where Marieke and I went to Kardingerplas to finally work on our tan, which was nice and quiet (there was some kind of blue algea in the water, so you couldn't swim and most people went elsewhere). My first icecream in the Netherlands this summer tasted as it should: brilliant :D
After this leisurely weekend I had to pack my stuff from Groningen to move again (which on Thursday I did to Friesland, after which on Sunday we moved that and the stuff from Friesland to Diemen: a lot of work, but the result is very nice). Saturday Antsje and I were referees at the horse marathon in Kubaard, which was a great idea (thanks for the invitation Antsje!!) : fun to see and do, nice to catch up and lovely weather! Sunday was THE moving day: Diemen Centre, 6th floor it is! With a lot of thanks to my mom, dad and brother for all the help. Monday and tuesday I've organised myself here in Diemen and did my first round on the bike to work to see where I had to go. It's only 30 min to work, so an hours excercise each day (now I don't have to feel guilty that I don't do anything sporty otherwise hehe). Yesterday was my first day. A lot of reading and shaking hands. It's not all too well organised: I don't have a PC yet in my room.... hmmm. For now everything is well, but it would be nice to have some friends over in Diemen: I miss you all!

1 comment:

OJ said...

Wow, it sounds like you're settling in alright! Will we see you in Utrecht on the 9th?

OJ