A job, a place to live, a new life
Some pretty interesting and life changing decisions have been made in the last week and a half. I've accepted the job at the University of Amsterdam and been very busy finding a place to live. Diemen it is, in a flat, sharing with 4 other girls. It is quite messy (not very happy about that), but it is a nice way of getting to now some people, it's not too far away from work (the CBD of Amsterdam) and I've got a pretty nice, big room (about 40m2). It is temporary anyway, if I like working and living around Amsterdam, I will try to buy a house in a year or so. I start work at the 15th of August and after that everybody is welcome to see my new place!
Last weekend I visited my parents and on Saturday evening went to Gerrit and Susanne in Gauw. Very nice, lot to talk about ofcourse and we played a new version of Catan (it was a while since I've played it and really had to use my head, good practise ;) Sunday afternoon I went to see my aunts' new, very luxurious houseboat with my parents, so the weekend was over before I realised it. Monday I went to see an appartment in Hoofddorp and one in Amsterdam, after which I stayed over at Antsje, who lives at the Rokin: Amsterdam CBD. Very nice location, though a bit busy. Always nice to catch up again. She had to go to work again the next day and since my viewing of Tuesday was moved to Wednesday I decided to stay another night at her place, which meant I had a full day of play in Amsterdam. Just walking around first, orientating myself a little in the big city ;) At 10 o'clock NEMO opened (a science centre/museum), where I played all day :) Definitely worth visiting. In the evening we went to the famous Tuschinski Theatre to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Very nice and absolutely a movie you have to see in the cinema!!! Antsje was free on Wednesday, so we slept till 10 :D After that more sightseeing for me in Amsterdam and Diemen, where my last viewing would be that evening. The flat is very close to all sorts of public transport and a nice shopping mall, so I've decided that would be my future place to live! At least temporarily. Off to Groningen again, where Stephan just visited me, Marieke will come here for dinner tonight and Maarten en Ronald tomorrow. Lots of fun!!!

1 comment:
Congratulations with this big decision. All I know about Diemen is... well, nothing, so I have no clue what it will be like to live there. Except for the awful line of a song that played in my mind while reading your post: "ga je mee naar Diemen Zuid, want je ziet er..." well, I guess it is not even worth sharing. Good luck with moving the stuff.
Post a Comment