Decisions to be made
Yes, this will be my very first blogpost in English! I've decided it would be nice for my new non-Dutch speaking friends to be able to read my blog as well and it saves me a lot of time emailing everybody seperately :) Don't expect my English to be perfect though! I've been overseas for a year and have improved, but especially my writing can do with some practice.
As my loyal readers have noticed: it's been about a month since my last update. I've needed some time to settle in and didn't have much inspiration to write before. This doesn't mean nothing happened in the meantime. I'll try to keep it a short post this time ;)
In the past couple of weeks I've been very busy finding a job. And rather succesfully actually. At the moment I've got a job offer from the University of Amsterdam and have 2 more job interviews coming up this week. Besides that I've sent 3 more letters, so just see. I could've had more joboffers by now if I wanted to work as an accountant (no thank you).
The only problem is that het University of Amsterdam wants to know my answer by Wednesday (well actually they wanted it last Friday, but I said that that is way to soon). The job is nice: quite a lot of responsibility and a nice salary, BUT I will have to move to Amsterdam, which is not something I am looking forward to. Besides that, I've got some pretty nice other joboffers in the making :)
A well, I'll let you know what it will be.
Besides all the searching for jobs, writing letters and having interviews I also had a life ;) Had dinners with friends, bought some supplies for my very first own home to be and went to my parents as well. And for the very first time in my life I've been interested in mortgages. Wow there's soooo much to know (and all quite boring)! To keep me sane I've decided to endulge myself: HP and the deathly hallows is taking up all my time at the moment :D
One highlight from the last couple of weeks: Marieke and I went to see Tommy from the Raindogs, who had a solo gig at Café Marleen. He still recognised us and even dedicated a song to us HAHAHAHHAHAHA. So much fun! Like I've never been away...
Well time to get back to HP for now, more news next week!

2 comments:
Amsterdam: the big city!!! Go for it!!! But seriously, if they can wait until Wednesday, they can also wait until the Monday after.... good luck!
Your English is significantly better than my Dutch, believe me... Feel free to advertise my walk in both languages ;)
Post a Comment