So many cute animals around here!

Last weekend was a weekend full of baking.
A few weeks before that I had bought a

New Zealand Baking book with
recipies from a lot of famous NZ

cooks. Time to see if they were as good as they looked on the pictures.

The answer is yes, it's incredible! I made a strawberry and rhubarb shortcake, mini lemon muffins and biscotti cookies. Ofcourse more recipies had to be tried, so we also made a feijoa cake and this weekend I baked a mixed berry cheesecake and a ginger slice last night. So far all very good. I went on a feijoa hunt with Janine (owner of the hostel), because they are very expensive in the supermarket (10 dollars per kilo), but not if you buy them at stalls along the road (2 dollars a kilo).
We saw some cute alpaca's along the way, as you can see above.

Another week at work and an extension of my contract, so
I will stay here until I leave for Ozzie on the 7th of May : D Easy and convenient. It is getting a bit colder (winter is starting), so I bought some warm sweatpants to sleep in for only 10 dollars (5 euro's). Let's hope that will be enough to keep me warm until I head to Oz.
This weekend I baked some more

but also took the time to see a bit more of town. I went to the Brooklands Zoo, which again is free, and some cute animals there (it's a kiddy zoo). Monkeys, lots of birds, a donkey, goats, chickens, fish, alpaca's, guinea pig etc. I also had another go at the museum. Too much information for one go, so I will try and do one gallery every weekend and so finish in time before I leave. I've been to the art gallery again as well, new exhibition, new fun. They have a lot of nice things here to keep you happy, but I wouldn't want to live here.
Not much news really apart from

the baking spree and the extended stay in New Plymouth. Life just goes on..
1 comment:
Ooow, the animals are so cute! Did you notice that the ears of the pig look like they're made of jeans fabric? LOL!
Speaking of pigs, I'd love to be a guinea pig for all your bakery stuff! Sounds very yummy.
Love,
Marieke
Post a Comment