Ozzie here I come
Its a rainy weekend here in New Plymouth, so time to go to the cinemas and the library to go online and get organised! Since it was torrential rain coming down, not just a cute little drizzle, Steve (guy from my hostel) was so nice to drop me off with his car at the library Fridaymorning. I went online and decided it was time to get organised. I already sent out a reservation form for my Business English Course in Cairns (May) on Wednesday evening so I kind off got into the Ozzie spirit and wanted to get myself organised a bit more. As you all know I love organising those kind of things way in advance, so time to get myself going : D
It started with booking the Indian Pacific Train from Sydney to Adelaide (this is part of one of the great train journeys you can do in Ozzie). Since I was booking that I figured out it was handy to get a ticket to Oz as well and a visa would come in handy if I was to enter the country legally. I ran out of time after checking my mail and organising the train ticket since I wanted to see Black Swan in the cinema, which was only on at 11.20 on Friday morning. I hopped over to the cinema and watched it in awe. It is good and horrible at the same time, very intriguing, very dark. She really deserves that Oscar. Time to go back to the library again and organise more. So now I have a visa to enter Ozzie for a max of 3 months at a time during 12 months from the 4th of March 2011, a ticket from Auckland to Sydney, a train ticket from Sydney to Adelaide and an almost free (used my frequent flyer points, so only had to pay 30 dollars) ticket from Adelaide to Cairns. Hopefully the course in Cairns will be approved soon, so I will be organised for the first 2 months in Oz. Then I'll see how I go, I will for sure end up in Darwin to visit Katie and Ben before I go home, and hopefully go to the Whitsunday Islands. I probably will take a tour from Cairns to Darwin. The one I wanted (4 days through the top of Oz) is no longer available, but there are others (8 day trips), so that should be good. Will organise that once I'm settled in Cairns though, it's way too far away for that now. I just need a hostel in Sydney and one in Adelaide and then that's all organised. The NZ bit will come later because I don't know yet when I'll leave NP exactly. Will be halfway April because that's when my contract ends, but still need to figure out where I want to go and for how long. All I know is that I need to be in Auckland the 7th of May. I would prefer to not stay in Auckland again, so it would be ideal to arrive that day in Auckland and go straight through to Sydney. Am soooo excited to go back to Oz again, its pathetic haha.
Anyway today is another grey day with a bit of rain. Janine (hostel owner) told me this morning she was going to see Last Paradise in the arthouse cinema with her neighbour. I decided to tag along (all ticket sales of today will go to the Christchurch fund, so I had to go for charity's sake ;-) Nice documentary about surf crazy Kiwi's travelling the world in the search for the ultimate wave. Ofcourse AJ Hackett was in there as well (the guy who made bungyjumping a big sport worldwide). Now time to search for a hostel in Sydney online here in the library and to chill out a bit.

No comments:
Post a Comment