Diving pictures (including Whaleshark pictures)
Since I think it is worth having the Whaleshark pictures in big format, this post will mainly consist of those pictures. And of the lucky few who saw him. Oh and of me in the water, long live advanced open water students who are doing their photography specialty while we spot the whaleshark.... Thanks Rodney! Anyway, I am doing much better since the last complaining post on the blog. I passed all my presentations, so that is done. This afternoon hopefully my last in water teaching session (of 3) and I also had my last skill circuit graded, so that's done as well. Time to study for the exam and assist/teach a refresher and a DSD and then I'm almost there (need to do mapping and the emergency action plan, but those are not compulsory for the SSI divecon to pass). Weather is still a bit unstable, a few days back we had the worst rainfall in over 40 years here. The mainroad was flooded up to waist hight and we couldn't get to the Big Blue diveschool the normal way.... anyway, that water is gone now and it is 30+ degrees and sunny again. My ulcers respond well to all the cream I am putting on them (I get new ones with every mosquito bite, annoying) and I took some antihistamines to stop me from scratching too much. I've never used so many pharmacuticals in my life, over a metre in plaster, lots of creams, pills etc, unbelievable. Fortunately they sell everything over the counter without prescriptions here.... I might just get some antibiotics before I leave, just in case....Not much happening besides diving and doing skills stuff etc. We had a big DMT night out 2 days ago with almost all of our DMT's some DM's and some instructors. Lots of fun and some people got really really drunk (not me, I was diving again the next day). Oh another cool thing I did: I took a try a full REBREATHER afternoon. We got an hour of theory on how the thing works (and all the ways you can die when something is not working properly, scary) and then we headed to the pool to try it out. Really weird, because your buoyancy is completely off... normally you go up when you breathe in and down when you breath out. Not with the rebreather...hahahaha. Lots of laughing at eachother and going up and down all the time, reminds me of when I first started diving... Great fun and I managed to properly swim around the pool in the end without going up and down all the time. Awesome, but too many ways to die when using it (and way too expensive). Just enjoy the pictures people:

No comments:
Post a Comment