Sunday, July 11, 2010

Loads of organising

Not much extremely exciting has happened lately, just the regular go to work, have weekend routine mostly with a few highlights here and there. First of all it is official now: I have put in my resignation at work and have received an official confirmation. My last workday will be 22nd of October after which I have 1 week to move house and get myself ready to leave the 3rd of November to go to Thailand! I've received a very nice recommendation from my boss which basically says every company would be lucky to have me : D He is sad I am leaving, and I am too a teeny little bit, but the world is big and there is lots to explore! Besides this I also ended loads of other contracts (insurance, lease in Haarlem, internet etc) and organised some more flights, a hotel and very important: my divecourses! I will be diving on Ko Tao with Big Blue Diving so please come over there and let me rescue you or teach you some basic diving skills.
Ofcourse there have been non-trip-related activities, such as a lovely housewarming party in Leek to celibrate the fact that Stephan and his girlfriend Christina have bought their very own, very big, house! Nice party and great service (I stayed over and was picked up from and returned to Groningen central station). Since I was in Groningen anyway, I asked a few people to have a few drinks with me on the Grote Markt and so we did. The weather was brilliant, the icetea good and the snacks ok. It was later than expected before I headed back south again, so I missed seeing Olaf in Amsterdam (very sorry, will be there next time for sure!!). The last weekend (and this one) consisted of cleaning the house, getting some stuff organised/bought for the trip and some relaxing and enjoying the beautiful weather.
Next weekend will be spent diving in Zeeland!!! Am very excited, not just because of the marine biology stuff, but it will also contain my very first night dive (bit scary, but I'll organise someone to hold my hand : ) You'll hear all about that next time!

1 comment:

OJ said...

no worries. There'll surely be another time!