Sunday, June 20, 2010

A wedding, a seminar and a ticket

After a lovely day in The Hague only one regular week followed after which Pentecoste set in. During that week I went to the Cabarestafette which is an evening filled with three comedians doing part of their show. Brilliant, especially Jandino 's show was brilliant. Friday's I practiced my fire fighting skills again during the early revision and time for another long weekend, this time spent at my parents farm. Time to give the gifts I bought in Madrid and to catch up a bit. The next Friday I had my second day of the intervision course in Utrecht. Another day well spent I have to say. A busy week followed with bookclub at Hellen's place on Wednesday evening, dinner with Gillian in Amsterdam on Thursdayevening and dinner with Karlijn in Groningen on Friday evening, after which I headed towards Marieke for the night. The next morning we finished wrapping our gifts and giving the final touches to our brilliant photoalbum with the fairytale of Olaf and Fedor for their wedding. We headed towards Coevorden and it was time for a nice party at Olafs parents place to celibrate the fact that Olaf and Fedor sneakily got married last fall. Brilliant to see them so happily in love and happily married! They are such a cute couple! One day I would love to meet a soulmate like that and get married. At the party we chatted the day away with Jorryt and Lilian whom we know from way back in Groningen. So great to see them again and a good way to spent a nice sunny afternoon in Dalen! We had to get back to our B&B early (12ish) because we didn't have a key of the house, but no worries, we partied loads before that. The next morning we had a bit of trouble with the train not leaving but since the weather was nice and the company good no worries there. At home it was time to unpack and pack again since the seminar I co-organised was taking place on Monday and Tuesday. It was a great success, big turn-up, interesting speakers and lovely dinner! On Wednesday it was time to vote again since our government fell, again.... My party only got 10 seats, but still an improvement compared to last time when I couldn't vote (since I was in Oz that time). Let's see if they can form a decent government this time round. Otherwise we might have to vote again (and I might not be there, agian). On Thursdayevening I had dinner at Monique's house and Friday evening was time for another party! This time to celibrate Gerrits' 28th birthday and the fact that he got a new job and is back with his girlfriend, in Holten this time. It was nice to spent some time with eachother and catch up. Should do that more often.
Last Thursday we had our company outing and we went sailing at the Ijselmeer with the Muider Compagnie. The weather was nice (quite a bit of wind though, time to get the anti-seasickness tablets out), the company good and the food doable. A lovely day out! This weekend lots of sleeping and cleaning had to be done (and ant killing, I'm having some ants visiting me) and dreaming about the Euro getting stronger against the Thai bath... The first ticket is booked, I fly from Amsterdam to Bangkok (via Cairo) on November 3th!!! Need to wait for my wages to book anything else now. Oh and the second weekend of September we have our traditional weekend away with a group of friends from highschool. This time it's Brabant we visit: this is the house we booked (the Kornoelje, with a private sauna, woohoo)!

No comments: