Monday, February 01, 2010

This and that

Since I’ve decided to quite my job and look for another one up north I’ve started to do the mandatory have to sees in Haarlem, just to be done with it by the time I will move ;) So two weeks ago I went to the Historic Museum in Haarlem, a very cute little museum which is nicely decorated and actually quite informative. The weekend after that I borrowed the museum year pass of my colleague Aira and went to the very famous Teylers Museum. It’s the oldest museum in the Netherlands and has a vast collection of all sorts of nature and science related objects, besides some lovely paintings. They have a free tour on Sunday afternoon, so guess when I went there ;) The tour was informative and took only an hour. After a cappucino and apple pie I thought that was enough cultural enlightment for one day, so back home again. This last weekend was quite different, as my aunt passed away the Sunday before, quite unexpected, and we had the funeral last Saturday morning. Since it was my brother’s 31st birthday yesterday, we also had to celibrate something on Saturday evening. Yesterday I set off towards Haarlem and played all evening with my very nice new Dell laptop :) No more news here, just still thinking about what to do jobwise. Will I try my best to find a job in Groningen ASAP or will I stick it out here in Amsterdam until the end of October and then set off for the Thailand wedding and stay over in New Zealand to have summer there and work a bit, after which I would come back and start looking for work in Groningen. Hmm tough decision. If anyone knows a nice job opportunity up north, I’d love to know :)

1 comment:

xxxxxxx said...

Congratulations with your decision to quit your job. I can imagine it is not an easy step to take.