Visitors
Am getting a bit boring I think, it is mostly work work work and not much time and energy to do anything else... Monique came for dinner Thursday for a week, so we enjoyed some great chicken and a lovely applepie dessert :) Ofcourse combined with enough wine to keep us happy, so not much time and energy was devoted to preparing my presentation for the next day. Ahum. Good course though, learned loads and the presentation went much better this Friday (also because of more prep time, but certainly because of all the tips we got).
Last Wednesday I donated blood for the second time and again almost fainted haha. The people are very nice and gave me water, soup and cookies, so no harm done. Unfortunately the buses are on strike, so I had to walk all the way back to the trainstation (45 min walk). Not so pleased and they stopped working all together as off today for an infinite period (they have issues concerning their wages etc). GRRR. Luckily I take the train to work, so no worries there :)
Yesterday Annemarie arrived and we did a quick round through the centre of Haarlem, after which we took the train to Zandvoort, to enjoy some beach, sea and cappucino. Never been there before, but have to go again, since there is this Ozzie restaurant serving kangaroo....
We chilled out in front of the tv for the evening, just chatting away. The plan was (again, as with most of my visitors so far) to go out to town and enjoy some publife, but the weather was terrible (thunderstorm, torrential rains) so we stayed in. Annemarie is off to Leeuwarden again, but we'll see eachother again next week in Utrecht, when we go to the musical Dirty Dancing!

4 comments:
I agree, this strike thing is becoming increasingly unpleasant. Although I use the bike most of the time, it's just not very convenient to bring it with you on the train (as I go up and down the country quite frequently these days to look at houses we could buy). I have already spent some 150 euros on taxis in the past weeks and will be adding more tonight.
can you bring some kangaroo when you come home?
gr andre
A friend of mine told me yesterday there was a strike. Are you telling me the Dutch busses have been striking for nearly 2 weeks?????? Wow, that is so, uhm, Italian....
Hi Esther,
Anything going on in June?
Kindest regards,
Gerwin
Post a Comment