Sunday, October 28, 2007

A bonus hour

First a picture of me with André Hazes, a famous Dutch singer, who died a few year ago. The statue is near the famous Albert Cuypmarkt. I'm definately not a fan, but it's always funny to take these kind of pictures haha.

So Marieke and I went to the concert... and what a concert it was: it was absolutely amazing..overwhelming... intens..intimite... etc. It was a small concert hall (200 places) and the musicians were extremely good, such love for the job, such great music and the singer, Vienna Teng, was amazing, even better than on cd! And funny as well! A wonderfull evening! Fortunately I had the next day off as well, so we slept in a bit, relaxed and late in the morning Marieke went back north and I chilled most of the day. Friday work and in the evening back to Friesland to see my parents. Saturday morning I got a new haircut with which I am very happy! In the afternoon I visited Gerda, to celibrate her birthday and in the evening I went to Thea, to celibrate hers! In 2,5 weeks I'll join the league of 26 year olds as well.....we're getting old. A well, Gerda en Thea both are living together with their boyfriend/husband, bought a house and Thea is pregnant! So I'm a bit behind in that way haha. Sunday I slept in till late and went back to Diemen in the afternoon. I had to work all week again :(

Monday Monique came to have dinner and chat and Thursday evening Dirk Anco visited! Very nice and a good destraction from everything. Friday evening I had a few drinks with Olaf at Leidseplein (he went to Utrecht for a conference and had to go back again the next morning to Milano, so we didn't stay out too late, I was home by 2.30). Good to see him again, and a nice chance to check out a few bars at the Leidseplein. Saturday I bought myself a freezer whoehoe! They'll bring it next Saturday! And that were all the events for the last week and a half. Yes, life isn't too exciting in that sense.

For those of you who would like to be updated about my dad: it's not looking too good: they found a type of lymphocytes in his bone marrow which are activated when there are cancercells... so not too great. He has to go to the anaesthesist on the 7th of November, after which they are going to operate him (the specialist and a hart specialist, it's quite a risky operation). They'll get the tumor (it's 9 by 9.5 cm by now, BIG) out and send it to check if it is good or bad. In the last case they have to decide about chemo etc.... So just wait and see for now. Until the operation he has to have a blood transfusion every 2 weeks, to keep his bloodlevels (amount of red blood cells etc) high enough. This means 12 hours in the hospital every two weeks... so let's hope that after the tumor is out the bone marrow will start making red blood cells again, otherwise he has to go to the hospital for a transfusion every two weeks for the rest of his life...
Oh about the title: we are officially in wintertime now, so the clock went one hour backwards last night!

3 comments:

Mosher said...

Sorry to hear about your father. I have my fingers crossed for him.

And the new haircut is wild! Love it :)

xxxxxxx said...

So many emotions in one message.

First, you're touching the ass of the guy who by himself was responsible for a significant share of the Heineken revenues (so they say). Then, some real culture. Afterwards, sadness.

First, as to growing older, do as I do (will also turn 26 soon, as you know): get yourself a younger boyfriend. It works. Preferably someone who is still a student, which -taking your job's location into consideration- shouldn't be that much a problem.

Secondly, if you want me to comfort you in any way, let me know. My schedule is quite busy, and Diemen far away, but in times like these, you deserve some effort from your friends' part.

OJ said...

As do others, I also hope your father will be well...

I enjoyed our little drinkies a lot on Friday. To be honest, I did have a mild headache the next day (that may have been the result of the lack of sleep too. Or the borrel in Utrecht before I met with you, but nonetheless I felt old....)
baci