Back home
It's exactly 2 weeks since I first set foot on Dutch soil again. At rainy Schiphol Airport to be exact. Because somehow it always rains there when I get back from a holiday....at least I know I've landed in the right country ;-)
Almost everyone asks me how it is to be back. To be honest: boring. Because I don't have a job yet and almost everybody else works 40 hours a week. I've moved to Groningen, cleaned and painted for the last week and a half and now I'm basically done. Hence the boredom. Yes I need to look for a job asap to keep myself sane. So this week needs to be spent online looking for jobs and I might pop into a job agency to get something temporary so I can pay the rent in the meantime. Yep, that's how boring my life is at the moment. Of course it is great to see my friends again, I have really missed them and it is so good to catch up again. Somehow it feels like I haven't been away that long.
So how did it all happen? The coming home part I mean... well Stephan drove all the way from Leek to Schiphol to pick me up really early in the morning, how sweet is that??!! And to top it off Aira and Lenneke were there too to say hi :-) Off to Groningen, checking my new room, catching up with Stephan and Christina. My mom picked me up the next morning and I stayed at the farm for a few days, unpacking, sorting and getting my stuff ready for moving. Friday afternoon my brother and I headed to Groningen CBD and with the help of Stephan got everything in my room (2 sets of stairs, not a lot of fun). Unpacking, cleaning, painting, buying missing stuff and catching up with friends (Jorryt&Lilian&kids, Ronald, Karlijn, Japke, Marieke). Those were 2 very busy weeks! And now I'm bored. So if anyone knows about a nice job around Groningen I'd love to hear!

4 comments:
Welcome home! Do you still have your 'previous' mobile no.?
Hi Gillian, thanks and yes I am still reachable on my old number. How are you doing????
haha, really: "Groningen CCBD"? That seems a little exaggerated....
(not to say that your location isn't awesome, btw....)
Welcome home, and good luck with the job hunt.
Post a Comment