Work work work
Well that is basically what my life is all about at the moment: working. Long days, lots to learn, but also lots of fun and very nice people. The only really big downside to it all is that I have to wear a uniform.... and as you all probably know: supermarket uniforms (and most work related uniforms) are very ugly and fit badly... I also had to buy proper black shoes (bought 2 pairs, bad me, there is not enough room in my suitcase as it is already....) and different earrings (mine are not appropriate and you can only wear 2 in one ear, I am winging that rule until I get to the fresh food departments where you're not allowed to wear any jewelry). Today is a day off, but I'll be working again this weekend since I am taking over from a women in the office who is on holiday for 2 weeks and she works in the weekend. No worries though, it's not like I got lots to do otherwise anyway...
Yesterday evening Mark, Charlotte, Chris and me went indoor climbing, lots of fun! I've also spent a lot of time hanging out with Chris, just having dinner, watching movies etc. I obviously don't know anybody else here and he doesn't have too many friends in this area, so that is a good match. We went to the festival of lights the other day, which is on until the end of January in the Pukekura park here. Beautiful.Picture uploading is not working at the moment, so they will follow later.
Last weekend it was Chris's birthday, so we went out to dinner on Fridayevening, had a big piece of cheesecake in town and went to the beach for a bit (with emphasis on bit, because the sandflies are horendous). Anna (his ex) came over that weekend as well and we went to Dawson Falls (on mount Taranaki) and had lunch at sea. In the evening we watched Robin Hood, very nice movie! Working again from Sunday until yesterday (Thursday) and will do Sat&Sunday afternoon and then 4 regular 10 hour days again from Monday till Thursday. Next Saturday Chris and I will celibrate his birthday by doing a bit of a Taranaki tour and 1 big event. I can't go into details because it's a surprise for him what we're going to do and I don't know if he is reading the blog... You'll here about it when it's done : D
Before I started work I had a few days off and so I went and climbed the rock here (mount Paritutu), which is a lot steeper and scarier than it looks. Amazing views from the top though! Had sore muscles for 2 days after that though hihi, time to excercise a bit more....
Time to go and explore town a bit more and enjoy the sun!

3 comments:
Yo Esther,
Het is weer tijd voor een update! Ook veel play naast het worken he? Niet vergeten.
Liefs Juul
Ha ha, I know it's time for an update, just haven't had the energy yet. Will do it Friday!
Ja schiet eens op met je update....:D het is hier in het dorp al lang bekent dat je op de farm geweest bent bij A&A
groetjes,
je broer
Post a Comment