2010

A new year already. Always exciting, what will it bring??? Well first of all, hopefully a change of employer and place to live. Anybody know a nice job and house either in Groningen or Australia? If so, let me know haha.
Also very likely: a trip to Thailand. What?!! Thailand. Yes Thailand. Somehow 2010 is a year of big steps in peoples live, soo many people or either having a baby, or in this case: are tying the knot. Yes, and for this one I am invited to fly over to Thailand and attend Katie and Ben's wedding. Such an honour and ofcourse I will do all that's possible to be there. They will marry somewhere in November on Ko Samui, so that should be very good. Another wedding party (the actual wedding was a big surprise and has happened last autumn) is given by Olaf and Fedor in June. I have not send an email yet, but will do so soon to let them know that I love to come (I already have loads of ideas for gifts :) and will bring Marieke to celibrate their wedding. Gillian just texted me last night, not just to set a date for dinner, but also to let me know that she and Mario are expecting a little one! Such big changes in everybody's lifes, so I think it is time to take matters in my own hands and also change my life a bit. It hasn't been that brilliant the last few years work wise and although the city of Haarlem is really nice and close to sea, it's not so appealing that I have to stay here. 
Last year ended ok, Christmas was celibrated with my parents and brother in Friesland after which I set of to Groningen to visit Karlijn and Marieke. Nice to catch up and a great way to spent your holiday. I've been home since Wednesday and have not done much since. Shopped a teeny bit, did groceries, cleaned the house a bit and mainly just relaxed, read books, watched tv etc. Today is my last day of the holiday, tomorrow it's time to go back to work again.
New Years resolutions: find a new job in Groningen or surrounding area and if that doesn't work out, I might go for another trip around the world, starting in Thailand!

2 comments:
Add to that another wedding: July 1st (official announcement will follow).
It's difficult to keep at the frontier of things. Last year, we produced a baby and we couldn't think of another thing to do this year than to marry.
To your content, I suppose, the marriage stuff will take place in your beloved Groningen.
Great to hear that you are going to come to our party!!!!!! Shall I consider this the official confirmation?
Post a Comment