Sunday, June 28, 2009

Beach, work outing and other fun things

When I look back, it feels like it was a quite month on the fun side of things, but when I look at the calender it was actually not too bad. The first week of June I went to see Moniques new appartment, which is a huge building of which she rents a nice big room for just a few euro's a month, very nice! We had a lovely dinner and lots of time to catch up. The weekend was spent in Friesland with my parents, with Saturday afternoon a catch up session with Gwendy who had just returned from a 3 month trip Down Under (yes I was very jealous). So many pictures to see and stories to be told, time flew by. I had another party to go to around 9ish, so I dropped Gwendy off at her parents place and cruised on towards Gerrit who was celibrating his 27th birthday. A day very well spent and just chilling on Sunday.


A relaxing week and weekend ahead, as far as social life is concerned, and the 16th Gerrit visited me in Haarlem. Since we always have enough to talk about the evening flew by. Thursdays we had our yearly work outing, playing Who is the Mole. Margreet and me trying to get out of our cuffs. Great fun and ofcourse great location since it was in my city: Haarlem (and no I didn't organise it this year)! (our little group, one of four, we ended up last haha)
Aira and Jan, me and Bart at dinner, Margreet and more colleagues,

Friday evening it was time to visit Gerwin and Marjolein to admire their little son David, which is a very cute and handsome baby (and I normally think they are ugly, so it really is a cuty!) Time to relax as well, so I went to the beautician on Saterday morning for a facial. Lovely.

Tuesdays I had my final poster presentation for my PMD programme, for which I obviously made a poster, but also a poem to fill my 2 minute presentation. That went well (I suck at presentations, so the poem was a good excuse to have a piece of paper with me as a reminder) and we have our final day in September, when we get our certificates :)
Last Thursday I went to dinner with my former neighbour Gillian, at Bloem. The weather was brilliant, so we could sit outside all evening. Friday evening Karlijn and Woodan arrived for a weekend of sun, see and beach here in Haarlem. We mostly slept in late, got up, went to the beach, walked along the water of dunes, got back and chilled for the evening. Perfect weekend I might say. Now just chilling, checking my travel stuff for the last time and then it's off to Darwin on Tuesday evening where I'll arrive at 4.40 on Thursday morning, to be picked up by Katie!!! I will try and update my blog in Oz, which should be possible at least 2 times... So keep checking :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggh je bent al weg :S en we hebben helemaal geen afscheidskopje gedronken en en en je hebt gewoon bij mijn tent gegeten. Ik woon zo ongeveer in bloem haha. nouja anyway, je zit aan de andere kant van de wereld. Hoop dat je een TOP! vakantie hebt. Veel plezier iig.
Tut
Monique